Program Coordinator- Retain Health Care Job Seeker Services Coordinator
|Career Type||Location||Rate of Pay||KANSASWORKS Job Order #|
|Full Time- New Position (Temporary through 3/31/2020)||El Dorado Workforce Center||$18.50 to $22.50||00|
Name: New Position
Hourly Pay Range: $18.50 to $22.50
Reports To: To Be Determined
Location: El Dorado Kansas Workforce Center
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt, Temporary through 3/31/2020 RETAIN GRANT
Prepared Date: 11/27/2018
The Program Coordinator: RETAIN Grant Services Healthcare Coordinator is responsible for the grant specific operations and outcomes on program services assigned. The Program Coordinator are primarily responsible for getting work done through others with accountability to management for the quantity and quality of the work done and for ensuring efficient and economical work operations. A Program Coordinator works with others to promote the seamless Integrated Service Delivery Model. This position requires skill in collaborative, innovative, motivational, case management strategies and must utilize the resources of the workforce development community and partner agencies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the workforce development system in South Central Kansas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the application and intake process for RETAIN Grant job seeker program operations
- Manage, coordinate, facilitate outreach activities
- Coordinate with other internal staff and internal/external partners to deliver services
- Evaluate the program operations and outcomes and make program recommendations
- Conducting program activities
- Assist program managers/supervisors with data collection, file approvals, reporting and other program requirements
- Expected to have knowledge of, and to employ quality management principles such as focus on customer expectations, continuous improvement, team building, coaching, and empowering employees.
- Evaluate reviews of case management files to verify eligibility, case management activity documentation, eligibility of payments, and compliance with directives in order to provide feedback, training and continuous improvement directives to staff.
- Must be able to travel across South Central Kansas and be in Wichita every Friday.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Baccalaureate degree
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare and/or rehabilitation services
- Case Management and/or Human Resources experience
- Initiative- Takes initiative and provides creative ideas to improve processes
- Organization- Plans tasks and projects for completion in a timely and organized manner
- Dependability- Is punctual and maintains regular attendance
- The ability to create and manage a broad network of professional contacts
- Experience in administering workforce development services or case management
- Experience managing and directing the work of other
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Business Services—Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with management, co-workers, partners, and the general public.
PHYSICAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Candidates should complete the online application and upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Screening applications the week of December 10, 2018
- Begin Scheduling Interviews the week of December 17, 2018
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas Operates Workforce Centers in El Dorado, Wichita, Wellington and Winfield. Workforce Centers assist employers with labor exchange functions and assists job seekers with job searches and upskilling. The El Dorado Workforce Center is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed for a lunch period. All El Dorado staff report to the Wichita Workforce Center on Fridays and are required to be in Wichita by 8 a.m. and leave at 12 p.m. to return to home.
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas offers a wide range of benefits including.
- Paid time off
- State of Kansas Observed Holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company paid life insurance of $25,000 with options to increase coverage amount with a monthly premium
- Other additional insurances
- Retirement account matching up to 3% of pay with no vesting period upon 6 months of employment
- YMCA Corporate Member
- Employee Assistance Program
- We have the best partnerships with government and community agencies and enjoy working in collaboration in the community
- Great staff that are dedicated to our mission and vision that work together to reach our desired outcomes
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas is an E-Verify participating employer and all employees must be able on there first day of employment document they are eligible to work in the United States of America.
The Workforce Alliance is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.