Workforce Center Representative
|Career Type||Location||Rate of Pay||KANSASWORKS Job Order #|
|Full-Time||Wichita Workforce Center||$10.25-$14.50||10409503|
The Workforce Center Representative assists customers of the Workforce Center by explaining, clarifying and interpreting general policies and procedures related to accessing Center and Business Services, partner programs, and agencies operating at the Workforce Centers and in the community to obtain employment and training services. This is specialized, technical work planning, coordinating, and evaluating customer service activities. This position requires skill in dealing with difficult persons and situations, utilizing the resources of the workforce development community and partner agencies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the workforce development system in South Central Kansas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in all aspects of Career Center operations, including the following:
- Greet all customers entering the Workforce Center in a prompt and professional manner
- Assesses applicants and participants to answer inquiries and to explain and interpret partner programs or services using
assessment information in order to make referrals to Workforce Center partners as well as community agencies to assist customers with employment or training needs
- Reports concerns from the public and customers to Directors, Managers, and representatives of workforce development entities
- Provide administrative support to Senior Staff members
- Provide assistance to customers with all aspects of services, including technological resources, assistive devices, and access to interpretation services as needed
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and Associates Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) employment and training services, programs or system activities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, data base programs
- Knowledge and experience with Internet communication and research
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Kansas WORKReady! Certificate
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, or fluent in signing for the deaf
PHYSICAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.