The Kansas Advanced Manufacturing Program (KAMP), funded from the America’s Promise Grant, is a tuition free skills training and work–based learning opportunities, which can include on-the-job training to prepare participants for careers in the aviation and advanced manufacturing industries. All training will be employer driven and tied to employment opportunities in South Central Kansas. KAMP is designed to move low-wage and underemployed workers to high-paying manufacturing careers.
The KAMP grant will be administered throughout Butler, Cowley, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Marion, McPherson, Reno, Sedgwick and Sumner Counties.
To be eligible for KAMP grant training, individuals must be meet the following:
- Eligible to Live and Work in the United States without need for H-1B Visa
- Currently Unemployed or Underemployed (Underemployed is defined as earning less than $12.02 per hour or $25,000 per year)
- Not currently enrolled in any other post-secondary training
- Meet all employer required criteria for employment
Current KAMP training opportunities:
- Spirit AeroSystems has three training programs available:
- M01C 737 Line Fuselage Assembly Mechanic
- M01C 787 Line Assembly Mechanic
- M02C Underwing Mechanic
Please apply at the Spirit AeroSystems career website, http://careers.spiritaero.com/jobs, “Assembly Mechanic Fuselage C” position in Wichita KS to be considered. Applications for all three training programs are through this job posting. Candidates will be selected for the program by the employer.
Other KAMP training opportunities will be posted on this webpage as they become available.