Applicants must complete the application below and upload a resume.
Position open until filled.
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas Operates Workforce Centers in El Dorado, Wichita, and Wellington. Workforce Centers assist employers with labor exchange functions and assists job seekers with job searches and upskilling.
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas offers a wide range of benefits including.
- Paid Time Off
- State of Kansas Observed Holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company paid life insurance of $25,000 with options to increase coverage amount with a monthly premium
Other additional insurances
- Retirement account matching up to 3% of pay upon 6 months of employment with no vesting period
- YMCA Corporate Membership program
- Employee Assistance Program
- We have the best partnerships with government and community agencies and enjoy working in collaboration in the community
- Great staff that are dedicated to our mission and vision that work together to reach our desired outcomes
The Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas is an E-Verify participating employer and all employees must be able on their first day of employment to document they are eligible to work in the United States of America.
The Workforce Alliance is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Range: $16.50-$22.50 per hour
Reports To: Business Services Supervisor
Home Offce: Wichita Workforce Center
Hours: 7-6 M-Th & 8-12 F
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Workforce Professional- Business Services Representative is responsible for assisting Workforce Center customers (job seekers and employers) in identifying the most appropriate tools and resources available within the local workforce development system that match customers’ employment related needs; Workforce Center customers include employers and job seekers. For employers, the Workforce Professional will assist in recruiting skilled workers and finding solutions to their business challenges. For job seekers, the Workforce Professional will assist in developing appropriate plans of action to lead to completion of educational/training activities and obtaining/retaining employment. The Workforce Professional will work with the partner agencies operating in the south central Kansas Workforce Centers to accomplish a seamless and integrated service delivery model.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in all aspects of Career Center operations, including the following:
- Business Services
- Contact businesses to solicit job vacancy listings, determine companies’ requirements, and develop relevant tools such as job descriptions
- Review job orders to match applicants with job requirements, using manual and/or computerized file searches
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Amended Act (ADA)
- Participate as needed in on and off-site job fairs, career day events, workshops, seminars and other employment related activities
- Maintain existing business accounts while developing new accounts (particularly new business accounts in key industries)
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Review and prescreen employer applications completed by job seekers
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Baccalaureate degree
- Experience in administering workforce development programs or case management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Online Data Management programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with management, co-workers, partners, and the general public.
Strong record of attendance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of WIOA and workforce development programs
- Kansas WORKReady! Certificate
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.