Download the YEP Employer Information Packet
For more information please call: 316-771-6622
The Youth Employment Project is a community wide collaborative that works with businesses, nonprofits, community organizations and government agencies to connect young adults to job experiences. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are currently 2.6 million young adults unemployed in the United States between the ages of 16 to 24. To better align each young adult’s career interest, the Workforce Alliance (WA) is currently seeking more business partnerships to grow our network of employers.
Why Are YEP Participants More Equipped For The Workplace?
Participants in YEP complete a comprehensive series of workshops covering Financial Literacy, Customer Service, Employment Planning, Job Fair Etiquette and Essential Skills. The workshops are designed to develop the participant’s soft skills before they are placed in a work experience. These developmental skills make a difference when placing the young adults in their first job experience. In fact, soft skills actually account for 85% of a business’s financial success. Soft skills also account for 90% of the difference between a star performer and an average one. They are also the single biggest predictor of performance in the workplace. YEP participants have an 84% retention rate to date.
How Can YEP Help Your Business?
Staff will be assigned to support the employer before, during and after the work experience.
- Provide one on one assistance by tailoring a specific job description based on your current position needs
- YEP staff will handle the onboarding process and payroll eliminating time that would be imposed on your staff
- Coordinate interview dates and times saving you time
- Provide a pool of candidates with specific interests in your business industry
- YEP will assign a job coach to work with each young adult to improve, learn and grow throughout their work experience.