As a young job-seeker, what's in it for me?
- Adult Mentoring Jobs That Match Your Personality
- Counseling Services
- Individualized Career Planning and Labor Market Information
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship Skills Jobs You Might Like
- Introduction to Financial Literacy
- Occupational Skills Training for short-term, in-demand occupations
- Paid Work Experiences
- Referral to Adult Education and GED Preparation
- Supportive Services
- Tutoring and Study Skills
- Up to one year of follow-up services
- Work Readiness and other Leadership Development Opportunities
Who can join?
Out-of-school youth ages 16-24, who meet income requirements, are eligible to work in the U.S., are not attending school, and have one of the following barriers:
- A documented Disability
- English language learners
- High-School Dropouts
- In a foster care facility or aged out of foster care
- Pregnant or Parenting
- Those subjected to any stage of the judicial process (IE: have been arrested, or are on probation)
*All males 18 and above must be registered for Selective Service to be eligible for any federal aid program.
Youth interested in education or employment opportunities should contact a youth staff member at 316.771.6620 or email SCotten@workforce-ks.com.
Want to refer a Youth? WFC182-1010 WIOA Youth Program Referral Form Rev 4
Connect with the Youth Program on Social Media Facebook Twitter